Happy New Year! We are excited about the new season this year brings, but we also want to reflect on all the ways the Lord worked last year. His faithfulness astounds us and we have so many reasons to praise Him! Here are 10 things we are thankful for:
- Our beautiful baby girl, Naomi Joy, arrived on November 6, 2016. She lights up our world and we are beyond thankful for God’s gift to us!
- Praise God! 15 students placed their faith in Jesus this fall at Chapman University and UC Irvine! Pray for FuChen, Emma, Youssef, Peilin, Jade, Jia Hiang, Xilin, Huanhuan, Jieying, Karem, Yuki, Darcy, Melody, Astra, and Ashley.
- 15 students went on summer missions around the world. The good news was shared in the Middle East, North Africa, Tokyo, and in multiple cities around the US. JJ coached the team in the Middle East through tricky situations.
- 110 students attended our annual Fall Retreat. The theme was: Jesus Changes Everything.
- Both JJ and I (Carly) discipled men and women who graduated and are now living out their faith at work. Our prayer is that they will continue to pursue their faith and lead others to Christ.
- Carly enjoyed studying the book of Isaiah and grew in understanding God’s prophesies fulfilled through Christ. JJ appreciated studying the book of Proverbs and growing in wisdom about the Lord.
- Two students started a ministry, called Destino, to reach the ever-growing Latino population of students at UC Irvine. They talk about culture, ethnicity, and spirituality. It is amazing to see our students cross cultures and learn from each other!
- God continues to raise up student leaders at our community colleges. Two women lead a weekly Bible study and pray for reaching their campuses.
- Ministry is growing because of partnerships with local churches. We are reaching more students and involving more volunteers to pursue the Great Commission together.
- Personally, we made it through an extremely difficult pregnancy, medical leave, labor, and delivery. We grew in love for the Lord, each other, Naomi, and reaching the nations. Ultimately, the Lord is sovereign and mighty to be served!
“For the Lord is good; His steadfast love endures forever; and his faithfulness to all generations.”
Praise God for He is good! We love seeing the Great Commission fulfilled alongside you! We are so thankful for the support of incredible family, friends, and partners this year. We praise God for you and we are praying for you!
Until the World Hears,
JJ, Carly, and Naomi Raymond